When A Floor, Surface Or Staircase Is Dangerous And Causes A Fall
When building owners and managers do not fulfill their duty to keep their walking areas safe, they open themselves up to premises liability lawsuits. If you or a loved one tripped, slipped or fell and got hurt because of a hazard, poor lighting, clutter or unmaintained surface or staircase, speak with us about your rights to compensation. You should not have to bear the burden of lost days at work, medical bills and the physical and often debilitating pain of an injury because someone else was negligent.
At Elias & Gonzalez, LLC, we can help. We are experienced and respected trial attorneys. Call 732-832-3226 to ask a question or arrange for a free consultation.
The Damages We Pursue In A Slip-And-Fall Case
While every injury is unique, there are certain common injuries that people suffer in trip-and-fall or slip-and-fall cases. These include broken wrists and ankles, soft tissue injuries such as a herniated disc in the back, shoulder and hip injuries, brain and neck injuries. Some injuries will heal and life will eventually go on. Other injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries, can be permanent and require ongoing care at a significant cost.
We can pursue compensation that may include:
- All of your medical costs that are associated with your injury
- All of the income you lost as a result of the fall
- All of your lost future income due to your injury
- Payment for the physical pain and emotional suffering the injury caused
- Loss of consortium with a spouse or children
- Wrongful death damages if a loved one died as a result of the injury
- Punitive damages, in cases where the person in charge was reckless or the circumstances egregious
It’s important to seek medical attention right away. Not all injuries are immediately obvious. Some injuries, including internal bleeding and concussions, may not be evident until hours or days later. When possible, get photographic evidence of the scene. Notify the person in charge. It is not in your best interest to speak with anyone from any insurance agency without your own legal representation present. We also take injury cases that happen on construction sites.
How Working With Us Protects You
Insurance companies are not in the business to pay out money. The goal of any insurance company, as with most businesses, is to make a profit. Therefore, the offer for the compensation you receive, no matter how remarkable it may seem, is likely to be lower than what is reasonable.
- Gather all evidence, including witness accounts. We will document the scene and your injuries. Whenever warranted, we will loop in medical professionals and involve expert testimony.
- Meticulously prepare and submit your claim. As trial attorneys, we are highly skilled at both negotiations (settling your case outside of a courtroom) and at presenting cases to a judge or jury.
- If the insurance company will not agree to a fair settlement, we are wholly prepared to take your case to court. While it is true that over 90% of these cases do settle outside of court, we are always preparing your case for trial. To date, we have never lost a jury trial.
As trial attorneys who have extensive experience with many types of New Jersey personal injury claims and insurance companies, we will protect your interests.
Get A Free Slip-And-Fall Case Analysis
Call us today for a free assessment of your potential case at 732-832-3226. You can also reach us by filling out our online inquiry form. We serve the needs of injured clients throughout Middlesex County and across Central New Jersey. We have two office locations. Hablamos español.